Optical Measurement of Polyphenols and Chlorophyll
The MULTIPLEX 330™ sensor is a portable fluorometer that allows exciting the fluorescence of molecules under UV, which were unattainable before. The fluorescent molecules, phytoalexins for instance, are measured in real-time and in a non-destructive way. The polyphenols are induces by the plant due to pathogen agents, making the MULTIPLEX 330™ sensor a field fluorometer for pathogen detection. A measurement with Multiplex takes less than a second by just pressing a button. The settings are easily configured through a user friendly interface on the touchscreen. The data is stored on a SD card and is also displayed on the LCD screen. The data can then be handled with the most common data presentation software. In its field portable version, Multiplex has a long life battery designed to keep measuring for an entire day and it can then be recharged in three hours.
The main indices calculated by the system are
- BF_UV: blue fluorescence under UV excitation (early maker of disease presence thanks to phytoalexin fluorescence)
- ANTH: index of anthocyanins (stress)
- FLAV: index of flavonols (light, protection)
- SFR_R and SFR_G: indices of chlorophyll (chlorosis)
This is possible to customize the signals measured by the fluorometer, upon request.
For more information visit Force-A
- Non-destructive and instant measurements
- Geo located measurements (GPS)
- Broad sampling area (30 cm²)
- Multispectral (UV-VIS)
- Datalogger (data classification, SD card)